Friday, January 18, 2008

Diario de una Pasion

I came back from classes and slept from one until seven today. Not such a good idea.

What do you write about when everything is going well? When there's no drama or angst or whatever. Is anything good written by happy people? If I look over the books lined up on my desk and skim through my iTunes library, it seems like the really important stuff, the classic, artful things were all written by tormented authors or are about dark things. It's actually tragic that I find less to write about when I'm happy and contented than I do when I'm being emotional and crazy.

"It wasn't perfect. Oh, they fought all the time. They contradicted each other about everything. But they had one very important thing in common, and that was that they were both absolutely crazy about each other."-The Notebook

I still can't sleep. I'm quite restless. Too much happiness but no one else is awake.

No comments: