You know how at some point in every woman's life, she realizes that whether she likes it or not, she has turned into her mother? I realized that I'm my mother today. I think it's too early to be my mother. Or maybe she is just far too un-motherly. But either way, it made me laugh.
I don't know what to do anymore. The end of the year makes people do strange things, doesn't it? I think all the sunlight has made us all a bit crazy. And sometimes it's good crazy, like let's have random dance parties crazy. But sometimes it's bad crazy, like let's all bitch at each other crazy. It's weird how different people are reacting to the upcoming emotional trauma in the form of exams and graduation. But really, haven't we all just become a bit too dramatic for our own goods?
I went for a run today, something that I haven't done in a very, very long time. I thought about a lot of things, I thought about why I went out for a run. Mostly I went out for a run because I was bored. Why was I bored? Because I'm just passing my time, waiting for something to happen. That's really what the majority of life is, isn't it? You find things to do to pass the time in between the real moments, the real things. Not that that's such a bad thing. I've read and written more in the past weeks than I have in a long time. I've spent important time with Maria and Katherine. I've been content. So no, it's not bad, but it still is waiting. I don't know what I'm waiting for, I don't know what you're waiting for, I don't know what any of us are waiting for. But I am pretty sure that most of us are waiting for something.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment