And so that's the end of that. I'll be leaving in just about a day. And it always tears me apart, having so many "homes" like this. Because home has really become about the people who are in a certain place and I have too many people in too many certain places. And leaving each of them is equally hard, no matter how much I love the place I am going to next. So I've found that the best way to leave is to cry my eyes out, get through security at whatever God-forsaken airport I'm at (unless it's Amsterdam, that's a freaking nice airport), and then call someone. Call up the next person I'll be seeing and hear from them so that I can get all excited about that and forget about leaving. Because once I actually get through the "leaving" part, everything is fine. It's just actually getting my ass out of this country that is extremely, extremely painful.
I won't think about all that home has been just yet. I'll do that once I get back to college and have a chance to breathe and figure out what has happened to me in the past month.
I miss everyone and everything that is not here, and I feel like I already miss everyone and everything here as well. Merry Christmas, even to Jewish people like Maria and semi-Wiccan hippies like Raine. I hope it was bliss for everyone.
Oh, and I'm not filling in that blank. You can.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment